CMS has set ambition goals to move the healthcare industry to value-based care and reduce the risks of patient populations. This demands a new approach to managing patients and meeting both clinical and administrative needs.
Medicare beneficiaries and physicians can benefit from the value-based care provided through an Annual Wellness Visit or AWV. Physicians develop personalized preventive care plans, review and update medical histories, reconcile medication lists, identify other providers involved in the patient's care, and summarize the patient's acute care. By assessing the patient's state of health, physicians have the opportunity to proactively prevent disease and disability, and slow the progression of chronic disease.
turn up care and revenue with Check™ turn-Key solutions
Annual Wellness Visit
The Medicare AWV provides physicians and their patients with a broad overview of their health and risk factors. Check provides physicians with a solution to the time issues and compliance challenges that physicians face with this program.
A Clear View of
your patient's health
Check assesses 14 different broad ranging health categories to provide a physician with a clear window into the current state of health of their patients. This enables physicians to provide the highest level of care possible.
Check helps sustain the business of medicine with increased revenue and a stronger business model.
Check helps improve the practice of medicine with value-based care for patients.
Skilled Nursing Solutions
The post-acute care and long-term care space presents growing opportunities for care teams to ensure that patients remain comfortable in their homes and avoid appearing in the emergency room in preventable circumstances.
The Check™ platform presents additional billing opportunities for Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs) and other Post-Acute Care providers who work with employed or contracted physicians. Qualified providers and facilities can utilize the AWV and Personal Preventative Wellness Plan in their workflow to provide better quality care, improved patient outcomes, and increase reimbursements.
Contact our MACRA and Quality Payment Program specialists to learn how your Skilled Nursing Facilities can optimize care with Check™.
Through the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicare Part B began covering preventive services at no cost to beneficiaries in 2017.
- The Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE) or “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit is a one-time service for newly-enrolled beneficiaries
- The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) is a yearly office visit that focuses on preventive health
The yearly AWV appointment provides Personalized Prevention Plan Services (PPPS) for beneficiaries who:
- Are no longer within 12 months after the effective date of their first Medicare Part B coverage period.
- Have not received an Initial Preventive Physical Examination (IPPE) or AWV within the past 12 months.
A qualifed AWV may be performed by a:
- Physician (a doctor of medicine or osteopathy).
- Qualified non-physician practitioner (a physician assistant, nurse practitioner, or certified clinical nurse specialist).
- Medical professional (including a health educator, registered dietitian, nutrition professional, or other licensed practitioner), or a team of medical professionals who are directly supervised by a physician (doctor of medicine or osteopathy).