Last Updated: August 14, 2017
Scope of this Policy
Information Collected by SilverVue
SilverVue registration and contact
You provide us with information about you when you complete a web form, apply or register for the Services, set-up the Services, respond to an advertisement, contact us for support or other offerings. During such processes, we collect personal information that identifies you. For example, we may collect your name, company name, address, email, phone number, birth date, billing and payment information (including credit card numbers), login credentials, position, or title. We may also collect other public and third party information about you to supplement your profile, such as public information about the company where you work.
We receive and store certain information about how you use our Services or when you visit our Site. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit our Site. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet or the proxy server that you use to access the internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone settings, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. When you visit our Site, your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our Site, the page that led you to our Site and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our Site.
We may receive information about how you use our Site through the use of first-party and third-party cookies, and also web beacons and other similar technologies. Our servers collect similar information when you are logged into our Site. The information we receive through cookies and similar technologies may be associated with you, depending on the Services you are using, and whether you have provided information identifying yourself to the Services.
In addition, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities over time when you use our Site using cookies or other technologies. We do not process or respond to web browser ‘do not track’ signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who visit our website or who use our Services.
Buttons, tools, and content from other companies
SilverVue social networking pages
We maintain pages on LinkedIn, Facebook and other social networking sites. We may collect information when you interact with our social networking pages.
Use of the information collected by SilverVue
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you with Services, as well as any other services, support, or information you have requested
- Operate and improve our Services, and diagnose related problems
- Personalize our Services and communications to you to your interests and needs
- Send you business messages such as those related to Services notifications, payments or renewal of your subscription
- Send you newsletters, information and advertisements about SilverVue
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with communications that may be relevant to you and to enhance the Services we provide to you
- Contact you via telephone to discuss our Services
- Aggregate data from our Services used for benchmarking and to improve our Services.
Sharing information collected by SilverVue
We work with companies that help us run our business and provide our Services. These companies may provide services such as hosting content, processing and collecting payments, providing support and sending communications on our behalf. These companies may have access to your personal information as required to help us run our business and provide our Services.
We may also share your personal information:
- When you have consented to the sharing
- With any affiliated companies
- When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Site or Services against attacks, or protect the property and security of SilverVue, or the property and security of our users
- To the extent necessary to meet national security, law enforcement, or public interest requirements
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, in which case your information may be one of the assets that is transferred
- When we hire companies to help us market our Services and provide you with information and offers related to SilverVue, including displaying ads
Information security and storage
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information.
Reviewing, updating or deleting your personal information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us. Our Services may allow you to review and edit your personal information by accessing your profile or similar feature of our Services. For our Site, you may have the ability to manage your cookies and similar technologies through your web browser settings. You should consult the settings and instructions provided by the provider of your web browser for more information.
You may also submit a request to us to review, edit, or delete your personal information by using our Contact Legal form. Once we verify your identity, we will assist you with your request.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our Site and our Services you use, as needed to comply with our legal obligations or enforce our agreements. For example, we may retain certain records for legal or internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. Some of your information may also remain on backup systems after your use of our Services ends.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Opting-out of SilverVue Communications
You may opt out of receiving mailings, newsletters or other communications we may provide from time-to-time by modifying your Services profile or by unsubscribing to the marketing mailings or newsletters you no longer desire. To unsubscribe, please follow the “Unsubscribe” instructions that are contained within the mailing, newsletter or other communication that we send to you. You may also send us a message using our Contact Legal form with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line, together with a description of the communications you no longer desire to receive.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Site is a general audience site not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
Questions or Concerns