Post-Acute Care Providers
Reach Patients at the very Moment They Choose a Provider.
Hospital case managers receive numerous phone calls, emails, texts and face-to-face meetings with post-acute care (PAC) providers. Collectively, they leave an overwhelming assortment of brochures, business cards and other marketing materials with hospital discharge planners. Hospitals have no orderly way to organize and distribute this information.
SilverSearch is a software tablet application used by hospital discharge staff to help patients choose their post-acute care provider, including skilled nursing facilities (SNFs),long-term acute care hospitals (LTACs), inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs), and home health agencies (HHAs).
Standard Listing (Free)
The Standard Listing database shows all established post-acute care settings, including LTACs, IRFs, SNFs, and HHAs. It is likely that your agency is listed. The listing displays:
- Company name and address
- Map and location proximity
- Phone number
- CMS star ratings
- Services offered
- Accepted insurance plans
- Real-time bed availability that is updated by you.
Upgrade to a Premium listing for these additional benefits and enhancements to your listing:
- Premium Placement and a photo at the top of search results so that patients are sure to see your listing.
- Additional Photos of your site, staff and services. Patients want to see photos! You can show them what to expect in their transition.
- Marketing Optimization. Provide more information to patients than you would in advertisements or billboards with an overview of your services, specialties and detailed information.
- Special Programs and Features are of interest to patients and differentiate your agency from other providers. Do you allow pets, offer a visitors bed, a choice of food items or meditation classes, nonsmoking rooms or a smoking area, a garden area for visitors? What features do you your patients appreciate most?
- Testimonials from customers, family members, and physicians strengthen your credibility and help patients decide where they want to go.
- PDF Brochures are another way to provide patients more information. If you have bilingual staff, you can also post brochures in additional languages to help non-native English speaking patients learn about the care you provide.
- Comment on your CMS Rating to share insights with your patients. Have you recently had a change in ratings? Has ownership of your agency recently changed? Share ratings, recognition or award information from your community, associations or other sources.
- Analytics that provide helpful insights to patient search activity.
Patients want to know more about your agency than just your name, CMS star ratings and location. Contact SilverVue to manage your free listing information and to learn about upgrading your Standard Listing to a Premium Listing.